Thread: McCoy
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 11:41 PM   #148
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I love how this defense has come along but you can't simply just say it's all been JDR. I know in another thread I made the comment that I saw an interview with Von Miller and he was asked just how different the defense was under JDR vs Allen. Miller said the defense was not that different at all, but had better players and that JDR just made them believe how special they could be. I think it's probably a 65/35 thing. 65% improved because of better players and 35% better DC. Some of our young guys have made leaps and bounds this year (Harris, Miller, Trev, Carter, Moore). Part of that is better coaching but also because of more playing time. Woodyard is probably the highlight of this. He's always been the backkup and with the chance to start, has not looked back. I also think this defense has an influence from Fox as well. Don't forget he's a defensive HC. He learned behind Dick LeBeau as the Steelers secondary coach. And least not, it really helps that our "once in a decade" player is now in his 2nd year and becoming the best defensive player in the league, one that can change the game.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote