Thread: McCoy
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #141
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
None of that has anything to do with the statement that the same argument I used against hiring Whisenhunt could've been used against hiring Del Rio. That statement was laughable as our defense was soundly mediocre last year and needed improved coaching while our offense is presently lead by Manning and likely only needs continuity to further improve.

That said I'm not adamantly opposed to the hiring of Whisenhunt. Not even close. If he can integrate smoothly and quickly he could certainly be an asset. I just don't see it being a move that is going to really improve the team in any meaningful way.
I have to disagree on the defense last season...not as good as this year for sure, but I still consider the D as the reason we made the playoffs at all. Denver led the league in 3 and outs, average less than 20 points per game and was -12 in turnovers. That puts the D in tough positions. It was light years better than the previous season. There's a reason Dennis Allen got a HC job, and it's not just the stupidity of the raiders.

So essentially wanting an internal hire on the offense is the same argument for hiring Richard smith to keep the Defensive evolution going. While the other side is hoping to take the opportunity to take another step forward since we have the replace the coach anyway.

If you ain't getting better, you're getting worse.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote