View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 10:28 AM   #233
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
On a personal level, I agree with both you and Bmore Manning. I just have serious doubts that the front office believes we need to spend top resources at DT, especially after our success this year with three guys that would be considered league average at best. We do have to pinch pennies somewhere in order to extend our WRs and Woodyard.

Keep in mind, last year as fans, we thought Bunkley and Thomas were must-resigns after strong years. Neither were.

As for snap count, as long as we have Manning and continue to play with the lead, a DT in our scheme will continue to have very limited snaps. And Denver's mile high air will always dictate the big DTs play in a rotation.
Woodyard got an extension, and we will have DT and Decker still on their rookie deals. They are eligible to be extended now per the CBA. And if that's something that the front office addresses this offseason that's fine. But Woodyard was just extended he wont be extended again after the year.

I know your thinking in terms of a FO evaluator and in their mindset you wouldn't think DT is a priority position. But I think the heavy rotation is because the talent level and age of the DTs isn't exposed as much in a rotation. We really really need someone who can push the pocket and generate interior pressure even if they are two gapping.