View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #220
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Hmm. . . we took Wolfe as a DT who could penetrate and on obvious passing downs shift Ayers inside for pass rush who'll be in his final year so I don't agree.

Jackson has hardly played this season (if you don't count garbage time) and is still nothing more than a project who needs to put in a lot of offseason strength and conditioning work so it makes no sense to go into next season relying on him and not looking for an upgrade from guys like Jackson, Siliga, and Unrein. Two out of those have hardly played.

We can definitely do better there.

I think we have options here anyway because we could always look to shift Wolfe inside and have someone like Ayers start so the draft will at DL will really depend on what happens in free agency.
Wolfe needs to gain weight to play inside. I was hard on him in here, I didn't realize 3 players on our DLine were two gapping. Given that and our scheme, I like Wolfe outside. But I have to agree and I have been very vocal about upgrading our DTs. I really think Vickerson should be back, and Silga/Unrein upgraded via the draft, it's a strength of the draft as I keep saying and we need to double up! Cincy did it last year with Still and Thompson.. They play behind Adkins, Peko, and Sims, yet they took the value that's was there. We need to do that this year. I also wouldn't mind upgrading Bannan via free agency. Again he has played solid, but we can do better and younger. Someone who can stop the run but get after the QB.