View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #219
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
With the scheme we run, we won't be looking for penetration DTs. Guys like Sheldon Richardson, Margus Hunt, and Bennie Logan are not what we want. Their role in our defense is filled by Wolfe and Jackson. And since we only want read and react cloggers that play less than half the snaps each, I can't imagine we take a DT early this draft.

Likewise, with our scheme, the DE position is full. Ayers, Dumervil, Wolfe, and Jackson. No room for another active DE. I don't see us going D-line at all within the top three rounds, if at all.
Hmm. . . we took Wolfe as a DT who could penetrate and on obvious passing downs shift Ayers inside for pass rush who'll be in his final year so I don't agree.

Jackson has hardly played this season (if you don't count garbage time) and is still nothing more than a project who needs to put in a lot of offseason strength and conditioning work so it makes no sense to go into next season relying on him and not looking for an upgrade from guys like Jackson, Siliga, and Unrein. Two out of those have hardly played.

We can definitely do better there.

I think we have options here anyway because we could always look to shift Wolfe inside and have someone like Ayers start so the draft will at DL will really depend on what happens in free agency.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote