View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #218
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Yeah, it's a read and react two gap. I have admitted I was wrong, but the two gapping is not evident except for the suttle read by those three. Ironically Seattle will two gap the strong side of the line only.

I think we need to draft DTs who can two gap and still generate pressure. Vickerson is the only DT who can do both. Bannan and Unrein cannot.
Yeah, it's tough to spot and you really have to watch it a few times. I'm not really interested in going into next year expecting a 34 year Bannan to play as much as he did this year, but Vickerson definitey needs to be resigned as he doesn't have much wear on him and clearly plays well at 320+. Since he already took a paycut/renogiated his contract I don't think he'll price himself out of Denver's reach.

There's tremendous value in the draft at DT and it doesn't have to be in the first day but it's going to be interesting to see which way they go. BPA or address a position like WR or Safety with Quinton Carter going through microfracture surgery.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote