Old 12-29-2012, 06:37 AM   #109
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
I don't have a hard time agreeing with this.

It's already been pointed out in this thread how JAX was able to move the ball against NE, giving a renewed sense of confidence that NE can be beat.

HOU has already proven a well rounded team can handle them, making them a weak #1 seed IMO.

So if fans like us can sense this, the players must surely do. Again, going back to NE/JAX, alot of people like pointing out we should be OK since JAX was able to move the ball at will. Do we really want to give that sense of confidence to other teams? Just imagine if NE struggles this week against MIA. Everyone will be talking about how they will be easy pickings in the playoffs.

Belichick runs up the score to demoralize opponents, and to send a message to the rest of the league, in essence saying 'this is going to be you'. I'm not saying we should have Manning in there with 4 minutes left in a 45-3 game, but I wouldn't mind seeing a performance that tells the league they're in for a world of hurt playing us either.
It's the playoffs all that stuff goes out the window. Win you keep playing lose and you go home, it's that cut and dried.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote