Old 12-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #107
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedReaver View Post
PhD candidate in electrical engineering. Apple is a joke to the research community. Companies like IBM and Microsoft perform real, valuable research that advances society and improves lives. Apple is a marketing company that has done nothing for the world. Therefore, I would never give them my money when it could be better spent elsewhere. Steve Jobs was a prick, and was not revered by anybody but the media.

That said, Apple puts out a good product. however, The virus thing is completely overblown. What it primarily comes down to is software compatibility. Most of the software I personally need will not work on Mac. Most people do not have this problem, though.

I absolutely loved Windows 7. I've dabbled with Windows 8, but eventually just customized it to be like Windows 7 (not hard to do).

I would highly recommend, more than anything, is getting a SSD instead of an HDD, and use an external hard drive for large storage. SSD is far and away the best performance upgrade for computers in the last twenty years.
Thank you.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote