View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #205
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I did mock him to us, but it will require our first round pick.
I think you are right and we will keep Wolfe at DE, but it would be a mistake not to draft a talented DT should the opportunity present itself. While I agree we won't draft a gap penetrator in our scheme, I do think we will look for bigger guys who move their weight well and can pressure the QB, I.E. Brandon Williams. I have talked this kid up and will continue to. He would fit perfectly, and I still question the long term plan of the defense going forward. If Wolfe stays at DE do you really like Silga and Unrein long term?

There is a current void at SS, but there's another bad safety prospect being named. Jefferson is not the prospect I want either. If you guys are draft junkies then you will watch some tape of Cooper Taylor (Richmond). The TEs in the NFL are big and fast, we need a SS who is a hybrid OLB/SS enter Cooper Taylor. We need a big physical SS.. Ray Ray Armstrong has elite talent but does have some off field issues.

Personally, I would love for us to draft a big DT or two. Kawann Short would be ideal in Round 1, and I'd be happy with Brandon Williams in Round 3 as well. That's because I love DTs. I just don't think the team and scheme care as much as we might.

And no, nothing about Siliga or Unrein excites me. But in a heavy rotation, it makes sense for us to go cheap at DT when we have big expenses at other positions.

I don't know a thing about Cooper Taylor. I do think Jefferson is a fine prospect though. This should be a good safety draft. If Elam and Reid come out, it's even better. If we take a Safety in the 2nd or 3rd round, we should be able to get a very good one. Strong Safeties tend to be one of the safest positions to draft too, with instant production.

Armstrong will be an UDFA, he'll be an interesting name.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is online now   Reply With Quote