Old 12-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #11
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I think Rex may have been onboard with Tebow at one time. Then they saw him in practice and saw he's the worst practice QB in the entire NFL. I also think he's keeping Tebow on the bench out of fear. Fear for losing the locker room since they see him every day, and probably a little fear that if Tebow does well, the NY press and everyone will ask why he didn't play Tebow more.
I think you're right... and going a step further, I think Elway was on board with Tebow at first too. Until he saw Tebow throw the ball in training camp. No one's gonna recognize "what it takes to succeed as a QB in the NFL" (or go "holy crap, this guy can't throw the ball!") like a HOF QB. He's been there and done that and it's mind-boggling that some fans thought he didn't know what he was doing. And even further that some go to such huge reaches to "explain" with tinfoil hat conspiracy theories... something that really is as simple as: no one ever instilled Tebow with basic QB mechanics and his performance suffers because he lacks these essential tools... and most likely cannot succeed without them.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote