Old 12-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #83
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Interesting given that the Windows 8 UI is purpose designed for mobile devices (it's actually one of the few innovative and unique products MS has ever built), and it a massive kluge on the desktop.

I haven't gotten a chance to use it, so I'm not prepared to judge it yet. That said, I love the concept of it, and understand what they're going for. Myself, I really want a touch screen desktop interface. Not exclusively - I'll always want to use a mouse - but I really like the idea of being able to manipulate my desktop through the screen the same way I do my mobile devices. I think Microsoft knows what they're doing better than anyone else at the desktop, and believe that Windows 8 is a strong step in the right direction towards what I want in the future. I don't hardly believe they've "nailed it" in their first try, but I like the direction it's going.

As far as the mobile goes, I am a huge fan of the Open WebOS platform, and know for sure that they got it right because I used it for a year. Maybe the Windows 8 mobile platform is equally elegant, but I doubt it, and I don't know how inclined I am to move to it given what I've got invested into Android right now. If I can get Open WebOS on Android in 12-24 months, I'll be set for a good long time. Obviously, I'm a unique case. There are not that many people who really know the advantages that WebOS has over the other platforms.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote