View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I'm a big fan of major cuts. Contrary to cito's idea of me I'm also a firm believer in personal responsibility. We all have a little responsibility in this nearly 17 trillion dollar debt. We've allowed our politicians to run wild with our tax dollars. I feel personally responsible for that but I've done what I can on an individual level.

Cito you just have an ax to grind with me because I think your beloved Israel should be cut from the American tax payer tit. 100+ Billion shipped to a wealthy nation while we have millions suffering at home and our own border lies unprotected. It's a tragedy!

Yes we need big cuts. See my first post on this thread. Instead this has been obama's/geithners debt policy the last 4 years.

I am responsible for about 25 bucks of the debt recently. Had breakfast in the White House last week. I did offer to pay for it though. They insisted it was on the house.

Having spent a week in DC meeting with various people it was painfully clear how out of touch our representatives are and this bubble mentality of the people in DC. The recession isn't even understood in DC. The federal dollars have floated around there so freely those aholes have been living high on the hog on your dime.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
It the result of our elected official being able to run the Government on borrowed money rather than tax receipts.... The Starve the Beast strategy on works if old Beastie Can't Borrow at Exceptional Rates!!

Low taxes are great and all, but not when your Government spends 30% more than it brinks in for nearly a decade..... but somehow most Americans go about their lives...

Agreed, we will need huge means tested changes to our safety net program primary, and probably have to take the Ron Paul stance on Defense.... We will have to get back to the Safety Nets really being program that give our fellow Americans, who are of meager means a dignified end to their lives... but if you can afford to retire nicely and afford private health insurance as you age, you might be forced to go it alone.

We can do it, Americans just have toget over the manufactured notion that people will die in the streets and civilization will turn on its head and people will resort to bunkers... We can have a limited Government, there is just no reason otherwise..