Old 12-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #180
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
You have it all wrong bro. You know I have been asking to upgrade a veteran DT, I'm on record here asking for Knighton before you or anybody. I'm not advocating starting rookies, I'm advocating drafting two very very talented DTs to improve the depth and future at the position.

If Wolfe kicks inside I would hope a veteran FA would start next to him, Knighton or Dorsey would work well. Vickerson could even work.. Short and Williams have way more upside than Unrein, Bannan, and Silga.

But if Wolfe stays at DE, there needs to be better interior pass rush, which is why I'm advocating two who are great with pushing the pocket, can stop the run, and are versatile in different formations. If Wolfe plays inside he needs to add size, I see no problem with saying that, it doesn't mean I hate him..

I would rather see a rotation at DT of youth then drafting skill positions to help Peyton. How would rookie WRs help Peyton more than a veteran..? On offense is where we spend FA money and on any holes (MLB). The draft is where we build the team.. You build a team inside out, and our interior on both sides needs improvement.
Look at both our lines, almost all of them we got via draft. Outside of Koppen everyone of them was drafted along the OL. I'm all aboard adding another guy later for better depth. Our D is number one in sacks and we are giving up just 3.6 yards per rushing attempt. That is third in the NFL. You want to blow the DL up because you don't think much of the depth we have. I don't get that at all. I'm all for adding a vet DT and a rookie DE or DT to the mix, but I want the unit kept together. What we are doing is working. Just because those other guys have more upside doesn't mean they are better.

You don't see the possibilities of what this O could be like with Austin in it like I do. A guy like him could allow us to go at a much faster paced no huddle because he can play RB as well as WR. He is a match up nightmare with the other WR's that we have now. He would only help Thomas by opening up things underneath.

We agree that we need a MLB and that isn't coming from the draft at all.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote