Old 12-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #410
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Laughable take considering the Broncos set NFL records in yards, points, rushing, etc during the post Elway era. Extra laughable considering the Broncos were top 5 in win % during the post Elway era. Extra laughable considering the Broncos made an AFCCG appearance less than 3 years before the fire. Extra laughable considering he dragged the youngest team in the NFL with record breaking amount of RB injuries to missing the playoffs by a tie-breaker.

In conclusion: Laughable.
I'd really like to see these NFL record points, rushing, etc. during the post Elway era. All I can find is one year yards per attempt rushing and rushing attempts.

As far as dragging the youngest team in the NFL to missing the playoffs by a tie-breaker, sounds like sugar coating to me. Maybe it was also because we lost 4 out of the last 6 games. Stats don't always tell the whole story. Love the way you use injuries as an excuse for whatever team you are promoting that really isn't as good as you think.

And 3 years after making the AFCC? How many years should we have given him considering his stubborness with the defense, his revolving door with defensive coaches, to finally settle on a guy that helped us maintain a 30th ranked D. Not to mention his drafts and free agency that he did not know what to do with the guys he got. But many of them are performing now, either for us or other teams or not in the league at all.

In conclusion: questionable sugar coating.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote