View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #34
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
I see it differently. Watching many shows on NFLN and listening to national radio shows, I am actually surprised how much respect we get. Just this morning, on the mike and mike with hill and schlereth, question was asked which team do you fear the most. Mangini said it was the Broncos. Top 5 on defense and offense. Said we are the most complete team in the NFL. Heard this on NFLN as well. 5 weeks ago, mike greenburg said he thought the best team in the NFL was the Broncos. Of course, Golic said it was the Patriots, Houston and 49ers.

To be fair, the Texans didn't get that much hype in the first half of the year when they clearly was the best team in the NFL
Yes, I have heard Greenburg give kudos to the Broncos. I think he started doing that right after it was obvious his Jets were so pathetic and they had no chance to reach the playoffs. It must have physically hurt him to start saying that. To his credit, he is one of the few. I like Mangini's view of the league regardless of his positive Bronco comments. Schlereth has been a little hard on Denver at times, even this year.

My view of Denver is that last yrs playoff, although entertaining, was against a faltering Pittsburgh team that didn't prove much and NE dismantled them offensively. Denver will still have to prove themselves against those teams that hung losses on them earlier in the year. The real test starts in a couple of weeks where credibility is earned.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote