View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 02:33 AM   #396
ol#7

Wait, I thought injuries weren't supposed to happen after Shanahan left?

Yes judge how many players are left from 2006-08 in a league where the average career is 4 years. Seems fair. You bagged on Walls and Herndon, both of which played for other teams for 3 more seasons after leaving the Broncos.

I am not sure I can break this down any further for you. Shanny tried to retool with what was left post SB run, and we stayed in the mix and nearly won a 3rd title. That was what was expected of him and the franchise, and that was what they delivered. He never did blow anything up. Hence the reason we were playing for a playoff spot in 2006. He coached too well for that. What he did was try and get an elite QB. Adding a couple D-lineman to the Jake Plummer led Bronco's was never going to be good enough.

I already stated elite QB play masks talent deficiencies. This is pretty much the same team talent wise as the 8-8 Tebow led Bronco's. What other pieces have they really added this year? Maybe you can make another post breaking down Hillman, and diagram why we are winning at a 5+ game better rate with him on the roster.

This is the same team that was starting Joe Mays and continues to trot Ramirez out there to get owned. They are extremely thiiiiiin at alot of spots, and are getting damn lucky that a couple of FA CB's are panning out....Just like Walls and Herndon.

Not too sure we have any kind of Foundation if Manning goes down. Honestly I think without 18 we would suck. Hopefully we don't have to find that out anytime soon.