View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:11 AM   #394
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
And you know what, Shanahan knew that team was all smoke and mirrors, which is why he blew it up. I really don't see how you can fault him for dragging what was left of the b2b teams to another Championship, realizing that was as far as he could get it, and hitting the reset button.
So you can't fault him for the team he put out? What? I mean he's had the team since 1995, for 10 years until the point you're talking about...and you can't fault him?

You'd think in 10 years a coach of his caliber can develop an environment where you don't have to blow **** up. That's the whole thing with Elway here, and he's BUILDING a real foundation... not just with players but with how the team operates.

Quote:
Really, I think 2006-08 you can actually see his rebuilding plan taking shape. It is the only time post Elway where there was a coherent rebuild plan. If anything, he coached too well, and we could have used a really down year to get a better pick. I will always lament the fact he didn't get one last year to address the defense. I think that was a team that was ready to turn the corner with one solid offseason. Instead we got McD needlessly hitting the reset button on the parts that had been assembled.
What coherent plan are you talking about? Because we had offensive weapons that had ****ed up character traits? Did you actually go through the 2006-2008 rosters and see who is still in the NFL after the Broncos put them on the team?

McDaniels hit reset on defense which was much needed. Not to mention McDaniels was put in a financial **** hole Shanahan left over. Again, SHANAHAN PUT THE BRONCOS IN A FINANCIAL **** HOLE.

Before all this McDaniels talk starts, he shouldn't have been responsible for this anyways and Denver should have hired a real GM.

Quote:
We are quite lucky to be in this position. The Manning scenario has never happened before, and we are even more fortunate that he has actually been able to return to form. While you can credit the braintrust, that is the type of hail mary a front office normally doesn't have an opportunity to make. What they do post Manning though should be what they are graded on. Hopefully not for several more years though.
Oh right because they do WITH Manning won't be graded? What kind of reality are you in?

Quote:
I still think our depth is pretty bad. Just like when Elway was here, Manning makes alot of guys look/play better than they are. If anything, I think this proves that a franchise QB is a must in the NFL.
You still think our depth is pretty bad?

So Manning is making the defense play better/look even though there has been numerous times the defense has scored and numerous times the offensive hit a lull going 3 and out?

We've had injuries at damn near every position and we're still the only team top 5 on offense and defense-- points AND yardage... lay down the crack pipe.

Stop following football all together and just sit in your rocking chair and watch the super bowl seasons on repeat...if you get bored just watch the 2006-2008 season so you can see this great coherent plan that Shanahan was putting together....

Last edited by Action; 12-27-2012 at 01:15 AM..