View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #35
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Dude, it cant be a scam. Stubhub guarantees all tickets. If you sell on Stubhub, you don't get the money until game is over plus a few days or they have the credit card. If the tickets are no good, they will find you other tickets. When you send them to SH, the download from Ticketmaster/Broncos wipes out any use of original tickets. A season ticket holder would have to claim his tickets got stolen and get re prints and then go in before the new buyer gets them. A season ticket holder is not going to commit fraud for a game (and lose his season tickets plus jail time).
If Stubhub has tickets on sale, it is probably the 3rd best way to go after getting lucky at Ticketmaster & buying on ticketexchange/NFL exchange.
I've bought on Stubhub before. Been awhile since I sold on Stubhub though. Like I said, I'd do EDL only, but there are a lot of listings where the tickets are mailed/transferred to you later. They have no means to make sure there are authentic tickets involved. Or that they're not later invalidated by the owner (say if the one's sold on Stubhub were stolen for instance, or if they find a better price for their tickets)

If they truly don't pay out to the seller until after the event, that should cut down on outright fraud. But it would make me wonder even more why the seller's so desperate to sell them before game dates/times are even set. Seems strange. And Stubhub's record isn't perfect by any means.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/enter...t/stubhub.html

Quote:
Interesting fact: Broncos have season ticket holders in all 50 states plus Canada (Bowlen's family?) and Mexico. I know if there were 2 games possible in Denver, many would pick one game to go to and sell the others. It wouldn't matter who the opponent is going to be, if you can't afford to go to both games, you would have the option to sell one of those games.
Not surprising, but I don't see what difference that makes. We're only guaranteed one game. I'd hope people aren't prebuying AFCCG tickets already or anything.

In my mind, there's only two reasons someone would be selling tickets this early (before even the week of the game is set)... one, they're fishing for a better price than they think they could get later (bad for the buyer), or there's something fishy about the tickets (worse for the buyer)

If it were me, I'd just try to hit ticketmaster the minute the single tickets go on sale, then hit the ticketexchange afterwards if that doesn't work. Stubhub (or Ebay) would be my last resort.