Thread: Knowshon Moreno
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #41
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor_miner View Post
I actually think Hillman has been coming on pretty strong of late. I feel like he is showing more burst through the line, and is starting to run much less tentatively. We'll see, but I imagine he'll continue to see 5 - 10 touches per game in the playoffs. McGahee's return could definitely muddle things up. However, I get the feeling that if Moreno continues to play will, McGahee will not be rushed back for the playoffs.
He has and I'd attribute some of that to a more balanced distribution of carries. Lance Ball has had all of two touches since Moreno took over, while Hillman has gone form seeing one or two carries one week, 10 the next, to more like a consistent 5 carries a week.

Ball had been the receiving RB up to that point, taking a lot of obvious passing down work. Moreno being strongest in the passing game has had him consolidate those carries into one back, freeing up more run plays for Hillman. Its almost a 1:1 for Hillman's increased touches versus Ball's reduced touches, largely thanks to Moreno's utility knife toolbox.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote