View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #137
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I find this interesting. Here's what McDaniels said about Tebow after drafting him:

Maybe Tebow's people knew that McD would grill him on this stuff, and so they prepped him in advance to regurgitate the responses McD would want? On the other hand, there's a big difference between talking about football in a chair and processing a lot of complex info in less than two seconds with large men chasing after you. Just thought it was interesting to see these comments from the Jets versus what McDaniels said a couple of years ago.
I had said much the same thing a few days ago.

Pretty sure that the meeting with josh was impromptu nothing scheduled well in advance. He might have had a day or two notice but even then how would he have known the terminology. Perhaps study some film but to know the terminology?

He also said that during the interview he was able to read the the defenses that were put up and how to defeat them.

Myself I think it was all crap from the jets staff to justify not,using him.

I also suspect that they did not try all that hard after the owner forced him on them.

Any coach in JAX would've a fool not to buy in as Tebow is loved there more than he is. Those fans are just as rabid as any and maybe even moreso than most. When it comes to Tebow He would start a fire in that program.

Now if he does indeed fail after getting decent coaching fans would understand any changes made.

We all know he had the same rap here lousy practice player, but thekidmwas a gamer. He showed up on Sundays and his teammates bought into it also.

I hope he just gets a fair shake about it. Then the chips can fall the way they should and he is either a damned good QB or a great minister.

Some how with the work ethic I've seen I suspect the former. .
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote