Old 12-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #332
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Yes, they paid Manning 19m and paid for some TEs and whatnot....and STILL ended up like 12m under. What does it tell you that they paid all these sums and were still among the league leaders in having money left under? Major props to Elway for putting together the roster with budget restrictions (he's freely said in teh past the cap is different from their own budget...mad props to him, he has been a great GM, I thought he would be green, he has been better than I thought by a mile).

I'm not going to get into that again....because I know Khan is doing an analysis to prove the contrary (and I've already laid out my proof in prior posts), so I look forward to reading (and taking apart) his analysis when it comes.

Bottom line is this...when I saw an interview with Shanny awhile back after he got fired, I remember a line he said, he said something like "Pat Bowlen will always be a friend for life" and when he said that, I could see seething hatred in his eyes dude, he had that look that you know of when he has it...and I smiled, because I share the same view. I know its there and I know he's furious and I don't blame him one bit. He's going to kick the crap out of Dallas. I'm so proud of him for overcoming alot of adversity this year with injuries and getting TWO rookie QBs ready to play at a high level in the NFL.
This is a classic projection post. You have no clue as to how Shanny felt during that interview, that was simply how you felt while you watched it.

Pat Bowlen hired Shanny, then kept Shanny around way, way too long. Bowlen made Shanny a very rich man and Shanny collected $14m after he was fired. You have no objectivity in you opinions about Shanny, and its really quit amusing watching you bumble around in your hate of all things Bowlen.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote