View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 03:04 AM   #73
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I think they are easily better than Tannehill. Maybe because I wasn't a fan of his. After watching Tannehill blow multiple 2nd half leads in college I just didn't think he had it.

Funny thing about Geno is he had 12 TD's, 5 INT's, a 60% completion percentage and about 300 yards average against the 5 top 50 defenses he played this seaosn(OU, KSU, TTU, TCU, Maryland).

We'll find out more about what they can do next month at the Senior Bowl and in February at the combine.
Tannehill's numbers were very good. Better then Tyler Wilson this year. Both teams didn't have that much talent around them, at least defensively. So guess it comes down to whether or not, team performance is a huge judge of whether someone will be good at the next level.

Geno had good games against Maryland and OU. But was awful against KSU, TTU, TCU. But West Virginia had their own problems this year, too. His ability to go through his progressions are a major concern to me, but it wouldn't deter me from drafting him either. As you said, there isn't really a #1 type pick at any position, so they might as well take a shot on what spot they need the most. If it doesn't pan out, they can do another go at it 3 seasons from now.

I wasn't really a fan of the Brock pick, but you can certainly make the argument had he slightly improved as a senior that he could be a first round pick in this year's draft class. There's also not any pressure for him to produce over the next couple seasons most likely.