View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #27
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Yesterday we also had Porter in ( who immediately got dinged and went out in the 1st quarter), and Carter was not active ( a BAD decision). When Cleveland started moving the ball it was mostly passes to their left...wide open. Carter will be back on the field next week ( I doubt Porter plays again),
and the miscommunication we saw yesterday should not be happening.

As to the D being scored on. Yeah it has been happening and is somewhat worrisome. But the references to the first SD game were wrong. The defense really only allowed 7 points and one drive in the first half, and got put in BAD positions by the offense ( 17 points off turnovers). Down 24 -0
they stepped it up even more and shut out SD in the 2nd half.
M
The one thing that I do think is finally evening out is turnovers. We are finally receovirng fumbles ( both ours and theirs) and are getting more than giving mostly.
was not aware carter was not active. Did not follow it that close. That would explain it.

As for stats before the bye they are IMO meaningless, most of the players on either side of the LOS were babies in the schemes still trying to figure out where the door for the urinals were at.

I had really not had any expectations to win but one game maybe two if we got really lucky before the bye week.. Mainly due to the complexity of the schemes figured they would not be hitting on all cylinders till at least the end of the bye week if at all this year.

In Mannnings case it took years to have that mental mind meld with his recievers. Lots of his guys never got it till they had been in the scheme for 2-3 years and that was whennthey exploded.

As for JDR and his schemes I figured by the bye they would be doing much better than the O as defensive schemes are not as "team" oriented and more individual except for the back four maybe seven.

So I figured the first games were down the toilet. I was amazed at how fast it all came together. But before the bye lots of folks were making bad decisions and or mistakes, in route running or over estimating arm strength.

We have been good this year, but now comes the real teams the best of the best and in the past (decade) have folded like a cheap tent, because we were pretenders fattening up on inferior opponents during the regular season.

We were not mentally tough, or physically good enough to play with the big boys in the play offs and it showed in the scores of the games. When playing teams that were mentally tough and not beat up we got our asses kicked.

Let hope with Manning here and good tough coaching that is all in the past.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote