View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #667
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Why do people think that is reasonable argument Yoda?

An AR-15 shoots a .223 and is semi automatic. The only thing that makes it assault looking is a collapsable/adjustable stock and the pistol grip. It really can't do much more damage then a hunting rifle or a handgun at close range.

So lets say you make the clips only 10 like calif. Fine. But does it really make sense to band pistol grips and adjustable stocks? Seriously explain to me how pistol grips make a crazy killer more dangerous to me at the mall. It just seems like a joke to me.

Thats why conservatives see this is only a start and why we will fight all of it. After this ban someone with a handgun will kill 30. People will say we still aren't safe and make more gun laws. Then someone with a shotgun will kill some people and we will make more laws. i just don't buy that we are less safe now then under the brady assault weapons ban. I feel safer then in the late 80's early 90's where in my area is all about the crips and bloods killing eachother with fully automatic ak-47s and uzis. I am firmly in your camp on that. No full military weapons allowed.

But comparing owning an ar-15 to a grenade launcher is not credible.
Great post.

But you fail to get that the far left use that tactic to muddle the facts. When they have zero facts to debate with they change the dynamics of the debate/argument with changing the subject. Age old tactic.

Once there is a ban then the slippery slope starts. All of a sudden they Are banning owning more than one single shot guns. Because God forbid a nut jobs could come in with 35 guns and kill folks.

What they need to do is realize it is the NUTJOB that is the problem, not the gun.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote