View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #17
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
We won it last year with out Manning and the rest of the division has regressed. Face it. The AFC West is weaker than a S.O.B. tripping over his dog excuse. We still have Jack Del Rio, all the same FA's, yes the draft would have been different but for the sake of argument try and keep it simple. The million dollar question...our qb... would it have really mattered to win the west?

Hard to say if we would be in contention. Given how the rest of the AFC West has sucked, sure why not...but we wouldn't be 11-3..of that I can confidently say would be true...

perhaps if everyone but Manning were here as this defense is definitely playing much better this season.....but if the offense was still prehistoric like it was, who knows?

however you have to realize that had we not changed QB's, offensive players like Tamme, Dreesen and Stokley probably do not sign here as they like catching footballs...lots of them, and with the other guy under center, that just wasn't going to happen. As for the defensive free agents like Porter, etc...who knows...maybe they come here due to Del Rio.

All I know is I'm glad how things turned out....signing Manning, getting rid of the circus, getting Del Rio to be our DC...etc.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote