View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #10
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
That's about the size of it. What happened last year was largely a miracle of combined serendipity happenings that are very unlikely to repeat again for Tim as a QB in the NFL.

He has the heart, desire and physical strength. .but he is lousy as a pro QB and he would need to top flight defense that can keep the scores close and low while he struggles through the first 55 minutes of every game before he can get it together enough to pull a few of them out.

He was lucky to have Von and Doom. Did you see how the team .. and Tebow .. struggled once Von injured his thumb and his pass rush was significantly impaired? It wasn't evn mostly from the drop off in actual sacks by Von the last 5 games of so of the season, it was all the opportunity for Doom and others that Von's pressure opens up and the hurried confusion in opposing QBs seeing Miller blast through or around a 300lb lineman that we missed after he was injured.

The D suffered and we lost 4 straight and only beat the Steelers in the wild card game due to a rare confluence of the Steeler's being decimated with key injuries and Big Ben totally gimpy and still it took a great play by DT after a decent throw by Tim on a great call by McCoy in overtime to squeak by... But Tim and our Offense was exposed to any really competent and healthy competitive teams by the last month of the season.

The party was over and the same will be true until and unless Tim can also develop some 'real' NFL QB skill as well beyond his college QB spread offense talents. That is the truth.

Its true Rex was a fool (no surprise there!) and didn't even begin to know how to at least get the best from Tim, but Rex too must have seen the fundamental limitations with Tim's game that for all his great heart and character, I'm afraid will prevent him from ever experiencing anything close to the success he had with us again in his football career .. at least in the NFL.

I do wish him the best and think he CAN be a hell of an NFL football player at the right position, and maybe even a Wildcat kind of change of pace or deep red zone QB for some team, but as a full-on starting NFL QB for the long haul Don't hold your breath...
it was fun as hell to watch the come backs but i can never understand why the hell teams played Tebow one way on defense for the right 45-55 mins and then switched it up completely late in the game.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote