View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #182
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
If I had the level of narrow minded incompetence most NFL GMs have with regards to their job I'd be in prison now for gross negligence and public endangerment. So sorry if I have a hard time trusting people who think failing only slightly less than half the time on personnel hires is acceptable.

I got a pocket full of coins with damn near the same reliability.

Also, to continue this discussion - Again, the point of this thread isn't Tebow as a quarterback (which I've made clear I think people dismiss far too quickly but is an aside) its about Tebow the football player. The fact that teams aren't chomping at the bit to bring him in and move him to HB or FB only further proves my point that most NFL GMs are too worried about their own job security to perform well. Tim Tebow if nothing else would be a standout situational ball carrier for any team. The complete unwillingness to bridge the gap with Tim by having him play that role while being groomed as a QB is proof enough that most NFL decision makers are about as capable of reasonable negotiation/management as the U.S. House of Congress.
I understand what you're saying here, all of it. I really do.

However, you also claimed that it was a 1:1 ratio between Tebow:Osweiler. Meaning that you still see him as a quarterback at this level. What I'm asking is what it will take for you give up the ghost. Dumped from three teams? Four? Five? Sub-50% completions for X number of seasons in a row?

I like your posts, and you know more football than pretty much any of the goofballs on this site. I'm just baffled that you would have this opinion of Tebow, that he can still be a legitimate, consistently effective passer on a pro team in spite of the facts pointing a different direction. It simply astounds me, because you don't seem like the type to get swept up in the "he's such a good guy/hard worker" absurdity that colors much of the pro-Tebow debate.

Last edited by TheElusiveKyleOrton; 12-21-2012 at 01:25 PM..
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote