View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #12
Drek
Ring of Famer

My favorite quote:
Quote:
"I don't need to worry about blocking Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis anymore," Del Rio said, referring to the Colts' longtime bookend pass rushers. "I don't have to worry about getting MoJo (Maurice Jones-Drew) his touches so we can keep Peyton on the sideline."
Hints that maybe he's not real excited to give jump back in to the HC ordeal again and take a step further away from defense, which is clearly his passion.

Seriously, think about Del Rio, a former NFL linebacker, now being financially independent thanks to his lucrative Jax contract (still paying him $5M this year). Think about him coming here to Denver and getting to do nothing but focus on not just football strategy (which a HC doesn't get to do) but strictly defensive strategy. Imagine this former linebacker now getting to coach VON MILLER.

I mean, you don't get to where Del Rio is without an alpha dog personality and always wanting to climb the next mountain, but who's to say he even sees being a HC as a mountain he cares to climb anymore? With Miller he can coach an elite talent into a HoF career. With this club he can coach a Super Bowl winning defense if he sticks around. There are a lot of reasons why he might not even be interested in another HC gig, even if the entire league comes calling.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote