View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #147
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I don't get how anybody could think that Tebow would make this team better. Peyton has come in and slowly over a season built the kind of lockerroom chemistry that teams die for. Even the D is looking up to PM and following his lead and drawing inspiration. All squads are leaning on each other and winning together. Bringing Tebow back would be like setting off a bomb in the lockerroom and destroying everything that has been built. Who's to say Peyton wouldn't take it as an insult? I just don't get it. The whole idea is ludicrous, IMHO.

Fortunately, if you asked Elway about this, he'd just laugh. So I can relax.
1. Tim Tebow is the guy who laid the foundation for said locker room chemistry the year before when he rallied much of this same team behind him to come back from a 1-5 start, winning the division and a playoff game.

2. Peyton Manning said when he signed here that Tim Tebow being on the roster did nothing to his choice, and that keeping Tebow would not have mattered to him. I'm sure he'd be even less opposed if keeping Tebow and letting Manning hand off to a 250 pound bulldozer of a human being on 3rd and 1 was the path forward.

So your claim that it has all these layers of complexity is what's truly ludicrous here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Tebow is a 4.7 guy. That's adequate for a TE, but he wouldn't be anything special (assuming he was even capable of picking up the nuiances of the position this late into his football life).
Seriously?

So I'm guessing you grade all baseball players by their batting average too huh?

Tim Tebow had a top tier 10 yard, 20 yard, short shuttle, long shuttle, broad jump, and vertical jump numbers at the combine. Other than running fast in a long straight line he's comparable to guys like CJ Spiller, Eric Berry, etc., only he weighs 30-40 pounds more.

He's clearly something special in terms of raw athleticism. We saw that last year when defenses stacked the box and brought everything they had to stop him from running the ball, only to watch Tebow shrug off grown ass men like children and pound his way forward for first downs.

Ignoring his passing there is literally zero rationality in saying Tebow isn't an elite athlete by anyone's standards, just like there is zero rationality in saying he's anything but a play maker when the football is in his hands. Not finding a way to use that talent is a failure by any FO/coaching staff that has him, even if that means playing TE, H-Back, FB, HB, or whatever. He's too athletically gifted to simply discard.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote