Old 12-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #141
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofever View Post
Baja, my biggest concern is not Mcgruder. I only bring him up as a joke and a shining example of someone who is largely irrational when it comes to their idol, but he's hardly the only one.

As for bringing in someone who has never played TE, why would we do that? There are actual TEs available, what benefit is there in retraining a QB to play a position he didn't play before? Why not just bring someone who already is a TE? Has he shown he can play TE well? Is he worth paying him an NFL salary for a position he hasn't played?

And let me be clear, Tebow will bring a circus, no matter what position you bring him in at. It will bring the people who will want him as QB and the rabid nuthuggers (like McGruder as one example). There will be all the talk about bringing him back to a team that dumped him. That is drama by itself even if not brought back as a QB. And frankly as you pointed out as far a knee jerking, do you not get that such a move would be lead to lots more knee jerk reactions?

He's a very nice young man and entertaining, but for both him and the Broncos its better to let him go and us to move on.
It's very simple really Tebow is a very unique individual. he is a
phenomenal athlete, he has an iron will, he is a proven winner, considered the best collage player ever and he has the all important IT. if you can get him for reasonable cost and he is WILLING to play another position I think it is a no brainer you give him a try. Could be full back, not that hard to learn. He's basically been playing fullback from the qb position all his football days.

What's interesting is if his name were not Tebow this thread would be full of "Ya, lets bring him for a look" "What can it hurt" "We can cut him if he doesn't work out"

Everyone is talking about the irrational Tebow supporters in this thread what I think is irrational is the great distain for Tebow shown in this thread. Curious really.

As for the fear of a circus act from his fans - it's Tim Tebow the fullback sit down and shut up. He's only an issue in NY because Sanchez sucks so bad. You really think anyone would want Tebow over Manning?

Anyway enough of this....
baja is offline   Reply With Quote