Originally Posted by jerseyguy4
I think you have it nailed.
Everyone keeps pointing to Tom Moore. It's not a bad idea, but the guy is 74 years old. Next year 75.
This might sound stupid, but I like Tony Dungy, with a couple of thoughts behind it:
1) He's a crappy commentator
2) He's only 57
3) He knows Peyton as well as anyone
4) He fits the billing for a background, information primary guy that wouldn't come in looking to dump a new system on the offense
5) "Your post sucks. He's a D guy, not O!". True he's from D, but let me tell you, he knows both sides very well. He's a very brilliant football mind.
6) Dungy is NEVER coaching again. He gets paid well to commentate to the masses and he loves being around his family.
I do some work with his entities that he has started since leaving coaching. On numerous occasions, he has stated he will NEVER return to coaching because he has a new calling in life to mentor and help people outside football.