Old 12-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #567
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Broncosteven sounds like you got a shotgun, then went right out hunting before you were really ready to.
I shot my dad's guns as a kid, he taught me how to shoot and gun safety from a young age but never thought it was cool, my heart wasn't in it. Before we went hunting we went to ranges a couple times, I did a gun safety and cleaning class on my own, and shot targets out at my a couple different family farms. The guy running the farm gave us a safety talk but I wasn't expecting my uncle who always talked about being this big hunter came out of no where and jumped in with us from the side. I was doing everything I was taught to and it was a mistake on my uncles part that nearly cost him his life.

Having that experience showed me that with a gun you can do everything you can to be safe with it but something you don't account for can cost someone their life.

I don't think I will ever be ready to hunt, it is not my thing. I would rather spend the time making something than killing something.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote