View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #112
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Did you take a look at the post above you..? I went in pretty good detail there.. I'm not talking about Hunter or Ayers two gapping.. I'm talking about them rotating in a 4-3.. More specifically in a 5-2 front. Hunter would have been the starting SDE!
I hear what you are saying. I just think there is a 0% chance of Del Rio playing that type of scheme. If he had any inclination to do so, we would see it this year as Ayers rots away on the bench. It's a subpackage option used a handful of snaps per game at best.

I think the reality, and what fans should probably anticipate, is that we are going to maintain the status quo next year because it has been so effective this year. And to do so, we're going to essentially utilize 34 personnel. That means Wolfe either stays as our two gap 5 tech, or we move him inside and draft another one to replace him, which would seem redundant.

The odds suggest we will play the same hybrid scheme, Wolfe will stay at DE, which is essentially a DT in our (or any 34) scheme, and we will plug DT with cheap, part-time players, likely including Sealver Siliga and Mitch Unrein, along with re-signing Bannan or Vickerson.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is online now   Reply With Quote