View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 11:39 PM   #24
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I was looking at how AD just went off on the Rams and is looking to break Dickerson's record. I was skeptical, but it really could happen, and if it does, you have to give him something big - especially if the Vikings make the playoffs. If not MVP, he will probably be the favorite for CPOY.

Then Brady is putting up a ton of yards and TD's late. The loss today will help. They do get the Jags but will have a hard time against the Dolphins at home. I think if the Pats had comeback today Brady would be MVP no matter what happened the rest of the season.

And finally JJ Watt still leads Miller in sacks. He got three more today and 6 tackles for a loss total. He and Smith could both break the sack record for the season. We get to play the Browns and the Chiefs at home, but if something doesn't change, Watt could win it.

My Point? You could see a scenario where Manning and Miller get nothing more than pro-bowl or all pro nods and lose out on the MVP, CPOY and DPOY races because the competition has been so stiff. It would be disappointing, but hardly unfair considering what is being done by these other guys.
was thinking that to be a CBPOY you had to be out the year before IIRC he only missed part of the last game last year with the knee injury..

I was laughed at about thinking JJ was the better player between him and Von..

Lot of homerism going on..

In order to have a chance at any of those awards our guys need to kick ass the last few games.. More than JJ, Brady and Smith do..

Serious ass kicking folks..

Neither of the teams coming in have anything to lose and will be playing for pride as well as jobs for next year.. both look to have new FO staffs next year and will want to be on film looking their best at least individually..

Thinking they will be harder than most on here will think they are..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote