Originally Posted by mwill07
my wife has some sort of project for my office, not sure what is going on here. She asked me to send her a list of my top 36 or so favorite Broncos. I've been a fan since 1986, so no sense going back further than that - I have no meaningful recollection of Tom Jackson or Randy Gradishar, for example. This is to be a list of my favorite Broncos over the course of my fandom.
Here is my list, but I'm open to hear arguments - who is too high/too low. This is after a couple of scotches, so my rankings may change tomorrow.
- John Elway: no comment needed.
- Steve Atwater: got his autograph his rookie year, have always been a big fan. Should have been SBXXXII MVP.
- Terrell Davis: 2k yards, SB MVP.
- Rod Smith: multi-era great. SB hero, and a stud from the post-sb teams.
- Shannon Sharpe: HoFer. Would have been higer had he not gone to Baltimore.
- Ed McCaffrey: loved watching Eddie. He always took the big hits and held onto the ball.
- Von Miller: curent favorite Bronco.
- Tom Nalen: will be a HoFer soon. Loved the Kangaroo court bit.
- Champ Bailey: DO. NOT. THROW. AT. CHAMP.
- Al Wilson: Al was a monster in the middle for a long time. Dude made plays.
- Karl Mecklenburg: Big Meck Attack!
- Tim Tebow: I will never forget the magic of 2011.
- Dennis Smith: Hard hitting safety.
- Jake Plummer: naked bootleg is my favorite play in football.
- Elvis Dumervil: DOOM!!!
- John Mobley: his deflection win XXXII.
- Demaryius Thomas: Hail Demaryius!
- Gary Zimmerman: HoFer, but was a rental. Zimm was only a Bronco for a few years.
- Mark Jackson: TD in 1987 AFCCG to cap the Drive
- Mike Anderson: The man was a effin soldier.
- Bill Romanowski: loved his intensity, hated he was a raider.
- Vance Johnson: cornerstone of the !Three Amigos!
- Alfred Williams: loved what he brought to the DL for the SB runs, I'm also a fan of 104.3.
- Peyton Manning: He probably will be higher when it's all said and done, but right now he is a rental. In my mind, Manning is a Colt first and probably always will be.
- DJ Williams: He's gotta go somewhere.
- Keith Bishop: I remember getting his autograph as a kid.
- Jason Elam: NFL record for FG length.
- Howard Griffith: key blocker for TD, scored a TD in XXXII
- Clinton Portis: man, he was awesome when he was in Denver. Shame that he left, but in hindsight, I'm happy with the trade.
- Tyrone Braxton: Chicken Man!
- Steve Watson: I remember getting his football card in the first pack of cards I ever bought. I was stoked to get a Bronco.
- Wesley Woodyard: playing well this year - very impressed.
- Gary Kubiak: they say the back-up QB is always the most popular player on the team. I don't disagree.
- John Lynch: he was a rental, but I love me some hard-hitting safeties.
- Sammy Winder: Mississippi Mud!
- Eric Decker: He's what's happening right now…needs to improve or he will get passed by Dawkins or someone like that.
Atwater is too high. Smith, Sharpe, Davis and Meck should be above him. I would put Dennis Smith one spot ahead of Atwater. I think Vance Johnson needs to be much higher and ahead of Mark Jackson.
Woodyard and Kubiak do not deserve to be on the list. Clarence Kay and Jim Ryan could be.
No Rulon Jones is an insult though. The guy came up huge in so many games.
Champ is way too low. He should be #2 on the list after Elway and it is not even close. In fact a point can be made that Champ is better at the CB position than Elway was at the QB spot.
Alfred Williams should not be on the list either. What he was in Denver 3 years and had one really good season. And two solid seasons?
WTF... Tim Tebow.... Really..... lost all credibility... jesus christ!!!