Old 12-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #228
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Unbelievably sad day for our country.

Agreed doc. I'm not sure sure being born with a pecker means you have the right to breed. I've said it before. When you adopt a dog from the pound they at least interview you and some of them even check your property. Any dude with a pecker can spread his seed and walk away no questions asked.

On a serious note I think the problem isn't so much as gun control as the mental health of our nation. Not sure what policy is now but years ago someone had to be a danger to themselves or others before someone could be admitted against their will for healthcare. Maybe that's changed. Bottom line is we have a lot of sick people walking around.
I used to moonlight in various emergency rooms during my surgical residency, and frequently had to deal with the suicidal / homicidal threat types. I would call the local mental health and law enforcement agencies, thus transferring the liability away from myself.... but it usually took an egregious act to get an involuntary emergency detention. Just acting crazy and saying you want to kill yourself and/or others rarely qualified.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote