View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #140
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Sadly it is not that simple.

So many strong forces moving this, violence on TV, video games, movies, broken families and yes moral teaching. Availability of weapons. All contribute. Even the way the story is being covered contributes. The worst part is this seems to be occurring with more and more frequency. Unfortunately this will result in more fear based legislation rather than looking closely at the root problems and correcting them. Sad day for us all. God help us.
I agree with you. I really think desensitizing everyone now has something to do with it, along with the ease of getting the weapons. The access people have to methods of how to pull something like this off (the internet), along with the weapons required to do so, is really a frightening scenario. I am glad I didn't have access to this amount of information when I was younger, it would have been overwhelming.

How about mandatory 2 year enlistment into the military? That way young kids (I'm talking 18-21 year olds) get to learn that shooting guns is not some fun video game, but in reality you are dealing with human life and once you pull the trigger, the consequences.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote