View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #33
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
(A) You keep changing your argument. I was addressing your point that Newton isn't good enough to carry a terrible team to the playoffs. I never made a claim on where Newton stands in regards to others in the league.
Holler at me as soon as Newton makes the playoffs, until then you can speculate all you want. The statistics show that Cam Newton is average, regardless of the team around him.

Quote:
(B) Are you kidding me? WTF? Star Lotulelei could be the #1 overall pick. Hankins, Short and the Williams Duo are probably all going in the first round. This pretty much illustrates that your knowledge regarding college football is a complete sham. (But we already knew that.)
...says the guy who was in love with Jerel Worthy, and hated Derek Wolfe.

All the guys you mentioned compare quite well to Jerel Worthy, who I always considered a 2nd round pick. Turned out I was right. All the guys you mentioned, in my book, are decent NT's (not elite), which would put them in the bottom of the 1st round, or 2nd round if this draft wasn't so bad, or if any Elite DT's were available. Why do you think they all waited to come out this year? They are all Seniors or 5th year Seniors (with the exception of Hankins). You can get hyped up about the quantity all you want, but none of them are elite.

None of them are even close to a Haloti Ngata, Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, Marcus Stroud, or John Henderson.

All of them will be pretty good run stuffers, kind of like Brandon Thompson or Jerel Worthy...but not what you would call an IMPACT player...which is what I'm looking for in the 1st round. I would take a serious look at all of them at the bottom of the 1st, depending on who else is available...but not before then. Whoever picks any of those guys top 20 is making a mistake.

Jerel Worthy had similar stats and size to Star Lotulelei and was 21 years when he was picked 51st overall in 2012. Lotulelei finally had a decent year, this year...he's 23.

Will some of them be picked in the 1st round? Yes. Like I said, it's a super-crappy draft. I would be interested to know how strong, fast, and how long of arms each one has...we don't know that yet. It will tell us a lot about their potential, so I reserve the right to change my mind about any of them.

Quote:
((C) Singapore Healthcare Level Fail. Then again, you thought Romney was going to be the big winner.
Wrong on both counts. Singapore healthcare is working. Obamacare is not. I hoped Romney would win, but didn't expect it. Now we have to put up with Obama's nonsense for another 4 years. Lucky you. Lay off the meds, and try not to get banned again (for the 3rd time).
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote