View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #115
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Then why don't Western Europe (which is far more secular and stern about separating church and state) or Asia (they don't worship our God at all) have a problem with school shootings? I don't begrudge you looking for a cause, but I think it's more complicated (and less convenient) than a change in school prayer policy.
I'm a Christian and high school principal. On a personal level, I believe teaching family values would be a plus, however, the leading indicator for a student to be a success academically, socially and healthy is a complete family ; mommy and daddy still together and involved in their kids lives. If you want to take it a step further, entact families who actually have sit down dinners with each other have the highest rate of successful and well adjusted kids. So guys and gals stay together and have dinner together if you really want to provide the best statistical chance for your kids to be successful academically, socially, and healthy. The leading indicator for collegiate success is the formation/joining of a study group. College kids who join a study group have the highest statistical chance of graduating.
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote