View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:47 AM   #62
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Some people see that bye cushion the top 2 seeds get as a feature, not a bug.
I'm simply rebutting your argument about the "short week" between a Monday night game and a Sat or Sunday game being some disadvantage.

It's no more of a disadvantage than one team getting a bye week and the other having an extra game 6 days before, which is the system we have now. It's not even close. The current system puts lower seeds at a bigger disadvantage.

Quote:
And both those Monday games would be way later than either current Sunday game.
So. It's still more even than one team not playing at all.

I'm sure if you proposed the option to the lower ranked teams, ALL of them would sacrifice the one less day of prep if it meant they'd be going against a team that had to play that weekend too, instead of sitting home, resting up and getting healthy.

Quote:
Plus I don't think you'd have as much control as you think over who plays when the next weekend. At least not in the current top seed remaining style format.
Why not? One Monday night game per conference. The winner goes on to face their next opponent on Sunday, period. They lose a whole ONE day. The Sat and Sun winners from the first weekend go on to play again the following Sat or Sun just as they do now. There's really no difference. It's just like the current system where Sunday winners sometimes play the following Saturday.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote