View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #56
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
The comment was not necessarily a shot at YOU sorry you took it that way.. it was generic comment kind of a comedy wise crack..

As far as dream busting my ball i have the moron on iggy but know he is taking shots at me because i banned him a bunch of times on another forum.. he was a punk then and still is..

I do not share your thought on the win now mentality they had the opportunity to sign a bunch more guys last year, but was not willing to shell out the money.. I do not see the urgency that everyone else does..

I know rich not hat I am, but I know folks like that and yes money does count for them.. they got rich for the most part by being good if not great businessmen so watching how you spend it is important to them..

one of the reasons mikey was fired was because of all his bad personnel decisions so Pat said in an interview at one time he was going to reign in the free spending..

therefore I believe we will not get to the salary cap anytime soon.. Even John at one time made comment about Pat giving him a budget to stay within. now has that changed in the past two years?

I guess we will see..

Respond or not I'm sorry if you took it personally.. Overall your posts are pretty good .. I do not agree with all of them but you would not be the first nor the last in that area..
Johns attempting to rebuild for the short and long term through the draft, and he has done a good job. Win now doesn't mean sell out to him, nor is that the meaning to me, but it does require FAs to fulfill needs and to help increase talent base.

I see more smart moves this offseason, I have suggested Collie, Larry Grant, and Knighton/Branch/Dorsey. Aside from Knighton, all those players are just good quality affordable moves. They increase the talent on the roster, and allow a flexible draft. It's not like I said Wallace, Melton, and Urlacher. But I expect a few FA signings in the offseason. Those moves are championship type moves. To increase depth and talent and not break the bank.

Collie cheap price range, played with Manning.

Knighton played under Del Rio, missed some time this season could lower the price tag.

Grant is a stud MLB behind two of the best in the game, that's a bargain FA signing.

Last edited by Bmore Manning; 12-13-2012 at 09:06 PM..