Old 12-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #137
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
at having a coach for a position. Don't get mad that its stupid.
Why is it stupid?

This is a league that has been going on since the early 90s, back when it was all on paper and figured out by hand, long before anyone here was going on Yahoo or ESPN doing their PPR leagues online. It was the league my dad used to be in. My boss happens to run the league, and is friends with my dad, so he invited me to take the place of a person who no longer worked where we do. So I did.

I think having a coach is a unique aspect to the game. Handfuls of games have been decided this year on whether or not the team someone had won or lost. It is an added dimension and it also implicates draft strategies. It also is another way to score cash -- if you pick the team who has the most regular season wins -- you get the pool of cash associated with the head coaching position.

It was not something I created or came up on my own. It was decided long ago when I was picking studs like Randy Moss, Carl Pickens, etc.

I really enjoy the league. It is tradition and brings up good memories of my father and I growing up. I was always excited to visit him on the weekends and get the latest FF league print off that had hand drawn covers of the match-ups and personalized characters that were based off your team name. Pretty cool if you ask me.

But if you insist on being a petty a-hole, be my guest. It is just a matter of time before you make fun of the death of an NFL player and get another vacation.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote