Thread: Secondary- 2013
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
schaaf

Default Secondary- 2013

I was just doing some thinking about our secondary and what it might look like next year. Right now we have the following on the current depth chart...

LCB
Champ Bailey
Tracy Porter

RCB
Chris Harris
Tony Carter
Omar Bolden

SS
Mike Adams
David Bruton

FS
Rahim Moore
Jim Leonhard

On the practice squad or IR we have..

Quinton Carter
Duke Ihenacho
Blake Gideon

As of now I am sure it is safe to say that Tracy Porter will not be back with the team next year. I don't know what actually happened but I tend to believe that there was more to the "seizures" than the general public knows about. I am torn on this because he did play well at times but he also gave up some huge plays that since his departure have seemed to have stopped.

I also don't know if Leonhard will be back with the team next year with the return of Quinton Carter.

I think it is pretty certain that we start out next season with Champ, Harris, and Carter as the top 3 CBs. Bolden is going to have to become more comfortable and step up to be able to be counted on which is why I believe we're going to have to bring in one more to challenge him. He is a Special Teams stud so his spot on the team is valued in that regard. I think we start the same safeties with Carter providing a back up role for both/push Adams for a starting position. I believe Rahim Moore has solidified his role in the secondary with his vast improvement, I am completely amazed from year one to year two. Bruton will also stick because of his value on special teams.

I am just curious as to what you guys think of the future of our secondary, I for one am very pleased by them. Both Harris and Carter are solid and they seem to be very aggressive once the ball is in the air, something that I think Champ could have always been better at. This is open for any discussion about position groups on the team, RB, OL, LB, DL.
Sponsored Links