View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #104
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah ok. The "eye" test shows the Broncos were better than the Redskins and Bailey is going to the HOF and Portis will be lucky to get Redskins Ring of Fame consideration.

There were a lot of problems with our defense in the playoffs in the 2000's, Bailey wasn't one of them. And Harrison never did anything when we played the Colts with Bailey.

I have found two people on this board who think we lost the Portis/Bailey trade and one of them is a Redskin fan. Shocking.
When did I say the Broncos lost the trade? I just said I disagree that this was a freaking fleecing.

Portis had a hell of a run in DC and was critical to the 2 playoff years under Gibbs.

I saw it as a pretty even trade and I saw a lot of articles saying it was a good trade for both teams when it was debated during the 2005-2008 timeframe.

edit: also if you want to mock my eye test, I have one question only: While champ bailey was with the broncos and portis with the skins, what was the playoff wins count?

I see 1 for champ and 1 for portis

and I am not even trying to be combative, just it seems to always lead to people getting bent out of shape on this board if someone dares be critical of the broncos at all; and this is coming from me a person who really is more critical on the skins and more bullish on what the broncos do organizationally.

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 12-13-2012 at 02:08 PM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote