jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Thoughts:

1. Clady will definitely be resigned.
Yes

Quote:
3. Colquitt, Ball, Carter, Siliga, Unrein are Restricted Free Agents, all should be back. I GREATLY expect Siliga to replace Bannan and Unrein to replace Vickerson, with a draft pick filling out depth.
Vickerson and Bannan will be resigned. I would expect a high draft pick (2nd rounder) to replace Ty Warren.

Quote:
4. Agree that Moreno is defnitely gone. 3.4m cap hit, which is a million more than McGahee. He's not going to restructure, he'll want to test Free Agency after finishing strong this year. In a crappy RB market, he'll get paid by someone.
I think Moreno will be back. He has a $3.4M cap number, but only $1.7M salary (has the bonus already been paid?). He is showing his worth. If he can get us to the AFCCG...he's every bit worth his salary.

Quote:
5. I doubt Stokley retires. I think we'll draft a slot WR for him to train for a year at least. From all accounts, Stokley is enjoying himself and feels fine. He's not rich enough to retire early when he could re-up for another million next season. I definitely expect a slot WR in the first four rounds of the draft though.
I would expect the Broncos to draft an outside WR (not a slot). Manning is highly comfortable with Decker in the slot (he's like Collie). You are right, Stokley will back.

Quote:
6. They probably do let Willis go, but we've really invested a lot of money and time in his training over the last few years. Austin Collie would make sense as a replacement.
There won't be enough room to draft a WR and sign one too.

Quote:
7. I don't think there is any chance Kevin Minter can be had in the late 2nd. One, he's too good and should go late 1st. Two, if he thinks he won't go Round 1 or maybe tip top of the 2nd, he won't declare for the draft. So, getting him in late round 2 seems like a 0% probability.
Minter is NOT better than DJ Williams. Replacing DJ with Minter would make the Defense worse. Not a good idea.

Quote:
8. Don't understand Barrett Jones. Walton was playing well before he got hurt. Blake is his backup. At OG, we have two solid starters, though we do need depth better than Ramirez. That being said, Elway has said early draft picks need to be immediate impact players, so we're not drafting depth in Round 1. You could do Minter in Round 1 and take an OG in Round 2 such as Dallas Thomas or Larry Warford.
If Kuper's joint is messed up, he's toast. We do not know the extent of the injury, and how it affects his mobility...it hasn't looked good. Beadles gets manhandled often. Jones is an elite guard...and may be the only elite player remaining on the board when the Broncos pick.

Quote:
9. I don't think Le'Veon is realistic for us. I do think he'll come out, but the only way he falls to the 3rd round is if he runs a 4.65 40. And if he does that, Fox won't want him. He does like big backs as part of a platoon, but they have always been pretty fast from DeShaun Foster to Jonathan Stewart.
I expect them to take a 4th to 6th round RB to replace Lance Ball. Ronnie Hillman is much better than you think. McGahee and Moreno are more than adequate and cheap.

Quote:
10. This is an insanely deep DT draft, but Brandon Williams will be long, long gone by the 5th Round. Some scouts have a 2nd Round grade on him, and there's not many 6'2, 325 lb men that can do what he does. In a weaker DT draft, he'd be a sleeper late 1st round pick.
It's not as deep a DT class as you would think. Kawann Short will be 24. Sylvester Williams will be 25. Jerel Worthy (#51 overall 2012) is actually over a full year younger than Kawann Short. Star Lotulelei is average for a 23 year old, Hankins is an underperformer, and so is Jarvis Jenkins. Sheldon Richardson is the only DT who I would consider with a 1st round grade in this draft class, and he is 22 (same class as Fletcher Cox). Everybody else (Hankins, Lotulelei, Jenkins, Short, Williams) truly deserves a 2nd round grade based on age and/or production. Last years class was actually more productive and younger (though they lacked humongous size).

Quote:
11. Denard Robinson as a slot WR kind of makes some sense, but I think his future is more like Percy Harvin or Randall Cobb. Those two are moved all over the place and do some of their best work outside. I'm not sure Manning wants that type of player, I think he wants a traditional slot guy working the seam. Not sure that's ever going to be Denard. And I think we'll want a more immediate impact slot guy than Robinson, his training and development would probably take 3-4 years ala Julian Edelman.
I think they will stay away from slot in the draft, because Decker can fill that role. I believe they take a shot at a #2WR (Pierre Garcon type) in the 3rd or the 4th round).

Last edited by pricejj; 12-12-2012 at 09:59 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote