Old 12-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #38
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
We're going to have to agree to disagree. Yes, if you knew exactly what the defense was going to do beforehand, then youd have a huge advantage, but i dont think they did, and i dont know how often they even used them. Again, all this **** is OUT IN THE OPEN. Its not like they were taping locker room conversations.

And again, they havent skipped a beat since being caught. In fact, they went 16-0 the year after and were within a circus catch away from the Super Bowl. I'm not a "Patriots Apologist," im just saying if you think taping defensive signals is what made them great, even though their offense actually got BETTER after they stopped, then thats absurd.
Yes, we can agree to disagree.

If the payoff for breaking league rules was truly insignificant (as you and Bill Belichick claim), then why take the risk? The advantage gained had to have been "worth it" to Belicheat or he would not have done it so consistently. It was the height of hubris to do it to a former assistant's team and he got what he deserved (caught in the act).
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote