View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #37
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
So your position is that it doesn't help an offense much to know in advance what the defense is going to do? I'd counter that with... it's ludicrous to presume that knowing (in advance) precisely what the other team is gonna do wasn't a huge advantage to Gruden's Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the SB vs. his former team.

You certainly have the right to be a Patriot apologist if you wish... but the fact is, if the rule-breaking had not yielded a significant competitive edge, Belicheat wouldn't have kept doing it.
We're going to have to agree to disagree. Yes, if you knew exactly what the defense was going to do beforehand, then youd have a huge advantage, but i dont think they did, and i dont know how often they even used them. Again, all this **** is OUT IN THE OPEN. Its not like they were taping locker room conversations.

And again, they havent skipped a beat since being caught. In fact, they went 16-0 the year after and were within a circus catch away from the Super Bowl. I'm not a "Patriots Apologist," im just saying if you think taping defensive signals is what made them great, even though their offense actually got BETTER after they stopped, then thats absurd.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote