BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default Demaryius biggest WR Manning has ever played with

Good article, especially for a wire service

Thomas is a big receiver who's coming up bigger
By ARNIE STAPLETON (AP Pro Football Writer) | AP – 9 hours ago

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- Demaryius Thomas is the biggest wide receiver Peyton Manning has ever played with and he's coming up bigger and bigger by the week. ''Every time I play with him, I feel like we improve,'' Manning said.

After injuries limited him to seven starts in his first two seasons in Denver, Thomas has had a breakout season with Manning delivering sharp passes and pointers alike.

With 74 catches for 1,197 yards and eight touchdowns, the 6-foot-5, 225-pound wide receiver is a big reason the Broncos (10-3) haven't lost in more than two months and are making a charge for one of the two AFC playoff byes.

Last week, Thomas caught two head-turning touchdown passes that even had Manning amazed at the chemistry these two have formed in just 13 games together.

On one, Manning and Thomas recognized a mismatch and changed the play on the fly, and Thomas reached high between a Tampa Bay safety and linebacker in tight coverage to snare the TD throw. On the other score, Thomas curled around a cornerback in the end zone and just as he turned, the pass from Manning was in the crick of his right elbow.

''I was like, man, how did you get that through there?'' Thomas said. ''He was on me like a blanket.''

. . . . . . .
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/thomas-...7466--nfl.html
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links