View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #134
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Trev is not better then DJ right now as some suggest. As you said, there isn't enough of a sample size right now to determine this. I say he isn't because I still see easy mistakes that Trev is making out there. A few times yesterday I saw him clearly over react to a fake and got way out of position on plays. Other times he had nice plays. But DJ is playing well for the limited snaps he is getting. I think he had a sack yesterday but it was called back due to PI on Champ. He's bigger the Trev and probably just as fast. So, when guys like loinstar come in here and say DJ's not worth his salary, well that's because they are easing him back into the mix. Nobody is concerned right now about next year and he's obsessed with the salary DJ will make next year. Hey, how about we just care about this year and if he can help this team win a Superbowl.
Not sure who has really said DT is better than dumb ass, I'm not yet to make that call. Although with the very limited playing time he has had when subbing for Brooking IMO he would make a better MLB than dumb ass would be..
29 tackles , 3 pass defensed and a sack not bad for very limited snaps.

Real cutesy name calling though you were more adult.

If you really think they are easing him back into play, why start him yesterday, at WLB. You know he will never beat out WW when he is ready to come back, as for his salary right now he is taking a huge reduction just to come back to the team this year.

My implications are that as a backup next year in his last year of his current absurd contract he will make $7,700,000.00. Do your really thinks anyone is stupid enough to pay that, I'm pretty sure that The John's will not and even most posters would not if it is someone else's money. Which BTW most armchair GMs might as they have no concept of budgeting and salary cap management.

IMO DJ is not the guy that John E wants on his team, to many run ins with the law, PED/drugs, his stints with Goodell and the back breaker last spring with his social media crap. His contract is is prohibitive for limited playing time down the road.
Glad we had some one at a reduced salary to cover for WW in his absence, but make no illusions he take a HUGE hit again next year to play back up or he is traded OR cut. Even then I think John, Fox, JDR go with DT for the long term over and for this reason alone DUMB ASS because he flat is.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote