View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #128
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Trevathan has fire and is getting better.

Like I said at the start of the year, Trevathan might be the long-term answer at MLB at around 240 lbs.

The way both Trevathan and Woodyard fly around is impressive. Brooking is a liability in pass coverage...and the DL seems to be stuffing the run enough to allow us to have smaller LB's. It would be great if the Broncos could get away with 3 OLB's on the field (including Miller), and no ILB's...given today's passing NFL.

DJ played well in limited snaps (again). Still haven't gotten a big enough sample size of his play to make a determination of his value.
Trev is not better then DJ right now as some suggest. As you said, there isn't enough of a sample size right now to determine this. I say he isn't because I still see easy mistakes that Trev is making out there. A few times yesterday I saw him clearly over react to a fake and got way out of position on plays. Other times he had nice plays. But DJ is playing well for the limited snaps he is getting. I think he had a sack yesterday but it was called back due to PI on Champ. He's bigger the Trev and probably just as fast. So, when guys like loinstar come in here and say DJ's not worth his salary, well that's because they are easing him back into the mix. Nobody is concerned right now about next year and he's obsessed with the salary DJ will make next year. Hey, how about we just care about this year and if he can help this team win a Superbowl.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote